Site Network:

Personal |

Vin Vin Blogz

It's all about me, myself and i living in a small tinny litle town, called Kuching, where things are outta control!!!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Fake MSPD

Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo got imitation? YA!! I just realized that i bought an imitation MSPD!! Recently, i read lowyat forum, our malaysia forum, it cited that got many "cheap" MSPD were sold everywhere in Malaysia lately. Since i bought MSPD in late feb, i started to feel it was like "fake". I bought at Rm270 in a mobile shop in Saberkas complex. Rm270 for 1GB MSPD, is it cheap? Cheap to cheat consumer. If someone wants to buy "fake" 1GB MSPD, please bargain for cheaper price than Rm270! Don't let them fool you. As for the original 1GB MSPD is costed RM800 and above. Pricey right?

Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo and Sony Memory Stick Pro are two differernt things. MSPD is highspeed card, whereas MSP is non-highspeed card. Original MSP for 1GB is RM349 at Sony authorized shop. They seldom sell MSPD, but if they do sell, it must be "fake". The price is Rm800+ for 1GB, Rm1600+ for 2GB ori MSPD. I think Sony just done the stupid mistake with such "highly" price. No one can afford it.

How to check whether it's ori or fake? I suggest you go to this thread for more details. I will show some pictures of my "fake" MSPD.

Here it's the box of "fake" MSPD. You will notice something different compare to the ori MSPD. Ori MSPD is well-sealed the box, whereas the "fake" is only sealed with small-little-holes.


The "fake" and "ori" MSPD don't have trademark. I think Sony should put trademark.

The easiest way to identify whether it's "fake" or "ori", you check the default memory. Default 1GB capacity is 940MB, whereas "fake" is always more memory than the "ori". Mine is 979MB!

Anyway, I used "fake" more than 2months, it still in good condition. I just found out about one thing. "Fake" MSPD will suck up lots of batteries juice. The bigger the capacity, the more it suck up the juice.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home